Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Big 8 Years Old!!

I haven't talked much about everyday life. DH and I have a hard time seeing ourselves as "normal" just due to his diabetes. Unfortunately, he doesn't see himself as a man with diabetes but as a diabetic man. [diabetes seems to own him]

We celebrated youngest DS's eighth birthday. We have four children all together. Two that are DH's; DS(t) who's 18, DS(l) who's 15. We also have two which are mine; DS(c) who just turned 8 and DD(k) who's 11.

Since DH is unemployed, the gifts for DS(c) were modest but heart felt. I got DS four books from DK Eyewitness books; Insects, Dinosaurs, Sharks and Reptiles. I was just as excited about them as he was. We did a little cookout and had sundaes. It was a lot of fun even though it was short and sweet. DS and I went out late Sunday to pick up some treats to take to school. He had gotten $10 for his birthday and got a football that said Tennessee Titans on it. He was really excited about it.

The kids are spending tonight with their Dad (my ex). His birthday is tonight. DS has football practice from 6-8pm so there won't that much time for "party". He said they probably would do a big shin-dig this weekend-probably out to eat. Which they do anyway.


I was asked if I would be going to football practice tonight, after only missing one since this whole thing started, I thought I deserved a night off. SO, here I am, journaling my thoughts while the laundry and the dishes go on their merry way. My ex isn't what you would call the avid football fan, so it is more of a 'big deal' when I miss then when he does.

I'm sure that the world won't stop rotating if I take a two nights for myself. Besides I will NOT miss a football game. A practice is one thing, but a game is an entirely different thing. I love watching my son play.

No comments: