DH had been out of work since September the 9th. He was laid off due to the lack of work though his construction company. We kept praying "God in your time....We know you will provide". My human nature gave me a nudge of discomfort...what are we going to do? I could relate deeply to the rest of the country and how "on edge" everyone is financially.
Now, I am on edge for the floor to drop out from beneath us again. The construction market is so volatile right now. Houses aren't selling so, new houses aren't being build. People are saving every penny possible in order to pay for gas or groceries. Gas lines here are still three cars deep at the pumps that are functioning. Hurricane Ike, threw its own wrench in the mess. I know exactly how anxious they are.
I am still battling with the question of WHY God allows us all to go through this. DH feels like he has been battling the waves bashing on him for years only to get further and further away from safety. We can't make any head way-progress at all. At least very little.
God show us your face! Hold us in Your great hand of protection! The prayer of Jabez is pasted on my bathroom wall and my wall at work.
"Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, 'Oh that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my boarders [territory], and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!' And God granted him that which he requested." 1 Chron 4:10
God hear us! Please do not forsake us. So much has happened over the past few weeks that we are beaten down. Every little bill, every gallon of gas, every bit of groceries....I cringe at every dime spent. There are days I plead "Jesus come quickly". I am so very tired. I know that better will come. This will not last forever, but it sure feels rough when you are in the middle of it.
We heard a sermon on Sunday "tough times don't last, tough people do". Gee, do they know our story? I am not naive enough to think that we are the WORST off. There are worse. DH's disease is not terminal if he takes care of himself. I am healthy and whole. The kids are happy, healthy and SUCH a blessing - yes, all four of them. We have a roof over our head. We have vehicles that run. We do have food on our table. I looked at the devastation from Galveston TX and it hit me hard on how far down we really could go. I looked at the photos of what was left of houses. The "mud, mold" and destruction that is still there.
God has protected us in His own way. And HE will provide in HIS own time. I must have faith and believe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment